View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #27
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Exercice to develop sense of center

Quote:
Alejandro Jimenez wrote: View Post
Phi, that the pressure shouldn't change doesn't mean that is no pressure at all, right?. Im saying this because uke sometimes grab and make contact towards me and others only grabs and waits (incorrectly i think, but it is an option for him), so i have to create some initial presure from my feet to grabbing point to change his behaviour. If i have understand your correctly you should´t change (or better, you must try to keep) the initial pressure once you have unity trought it when moving, right?.
initial pressure shouldn't change. when uke pushed to you, then uke closed the gap, i.e. provide a better connection to you. if uke only grabbed then you have to move in to create a good connection. Ikeda sensei called it "no space", solid connection between you and uke, i.e. no slack.

Quote:
Do you know what are those "neutral points" wich saotome sensei and ikeda sensei talk about. I have seen him explaining in some dvd but not in detail.
it's the connection point, i.e. where you and uke touched. it supposed to be force neutral point. when you bring the ground to the connection point, that point should be force neutral.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org