View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Internal Power/Strength (IS/IP) in relation to non-human contact

Quote:
Brett Zimmerman wrote: View Post
Im curious if you know about how old Ueshiba was during this time?

Morihei Ueshiba was known to be physically very strong in his day.

But then you have to also consider there are accounts from different lineages, and even different arts entirely that mention great masters in their older years not having the strength required to perform simple mundane actions like opening a jar, or even walking in some cases (after a stroke, etc) but being able to throw around bigger younger guys.

From AikidoJournal.com:
"By around 1975 when I had my own dojo Sensei had quite weak legs and needed a stick and his wife's shoulder when he walked. However, once he stood in the dojo wearing a keikogi (training uniform) he suddenly looked like a huge rock. It was truly impressive." by Katsumi Yonezawa

There are similar anecdotes about Sagawa, and Hong Jun Sheng.
Dear Brett,
One does not have to delve deeply into the past to find people who can manifest such things ss you describe above.
There are times where I can hardly raise my bottom from my armchair [especially if I am tucking into dougnuts] and other times when the BiG Boss {this missus]gives me a direct order to wash the dishes I suddenly acquire superhuman strength .I seize the dishcloth/dishes and using incredible mental powers [call this KI/I/S /I/p or any combination of esoteric phrases ]I fairly wipe the floor with the dish cleaning.The added advantage of this shugyo training method is that I find I can throw big guys around.Of course since I am a shambling 73 year old wreck, perhaps these virile young monsters are just humouring little old me??? Joe.