View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #241
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: The Founder's Teaching Ability

Please forgive the short, mixed reply. I'm nursing part two of body-aches and chills.
Quote:
Dan wrote:
I don't agree with the idea of accidentally developing the IP/or aiki stuff as it defies all logic.
What I meant to ask was, if Ueshiba could put those spirals into another person's body, would it develop their structure? I'm guessing it wouldn't likely develop aiki unless they were actively engaging it within themselves. If it did develope their structure, I could see how that might've informed aspects of later teaching methods.

Quote:
Jackie wrote:
I could be misunderstanding Matt.
You're describing my thoughts on teaching in general pretty succinctly. In terms of creating motivation for learning and guiding toward personal autonomy or some kind of personal actualization in the student, yes I think O Sensei was a good teacher. People clearly gained a lot from him, regardless of the issue of aiki/inyoho. In terms of teaching specific ciriculum (e.g. inyoho) it sounds like many people don't think he did a very good job in teaching it to a lot of people. Being the level of experience and skill I am, I can only guess.
Take care folks!
Matt

Gambarimashyo!