View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
Tom Verhoeven
Dojo: Aikido Auvergne Kumano dojo
Location: Auvergne
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 295
Re: Does this practice have a name?

Toby Kasavan wrote: View Post
I think that you'd call it a variation of Henka waza, or changing from one technique to another
Henka means change or alternation. What you change is the form of the technique because your partner is resisting, or trying to counter or because there is another attacker (etc). In other words, the situation changes and so you change the technique.

If the change of situation leads you to another technique then I suppose you could say that it is henka waza, but more precise would be renraku waza (or renzoku waza).


  Reply With Quote