View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Malicat
Dojo: Suenaka-Ha Aikido of Bloomington
United_States
Re: Calvin Klein Dogi Bottoms

Quote:
Philip Purcell wrote: View Post
Before you fashionistas out there trawl the internet looking for CK kit ... ...

In my eagerness to get out last night I only packed my jacket, as a consequence and not wanting to drive all the way home I decided to give training in my jeans a go. Despite the waist band being too big and the constant need to pull them up I quite enjoyed the experience. I also am quite pleased to note that it was not too much of a detriment to my aikido.

Whilst I do not advocate training in your normal day wear too much; has anyone else done this (either through design or otherwise)? What were your thoughts and would giving it a go occasionally add value to your practise?

(I wonder if I could pull it off in a Canali suit? )
I actually run directly from a literature class that ends at 6:30 to my Aikido class that starts at 6:00 this semester. So Mon and Wed nights I train in "street" clothes and make up. Tues, Thurs, and Sat I train in my normal gi and am freshly showered. There is a difference in how you move in a gi vs street clothes. Movement is restricted, plus it's just a different "feel." I am of the opinion this is a good idea on occasion for a real world feel, unless there are folks out there who love to wear a gi so much they wear one regularly.

--Ashley