View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #73
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom
Re: Morihei Ueshiba, Budo and Kamae

Quote:
Tenyu Hamaki wrote: View Post

Many people I know, including powerful martial artists, have told me their experiences with a traditional South American shaman were literally the hardest and most painful thing they've ever gone through. Shamans are well versed in holding space ‘within' the Infinite and when one is resistant, either partially or fully, either consciously or unconsciously, primarily to the intimacy, immediacy, and totality of the Infinite, of Reality, nothing short of absolute torture results. That this is common for beginners and advanced martial artists, shows just how disconnected we are from Reality. Aikido training, as O Sensei practiced, can provide the same doors but I'm under no illusion many Aikidoists would be better off beginning the healing process with the help of a traditional shaman(unfortunately their medicine is only legal in other countries) or equivalent experience. The painful irony being the majority have no idea, at least consciously, they even need healing as insanity, albeit ‘functional,' is rewarded and considered healthy in our society.
The bolded sentence above is quite spectacular in it's ability to mean nothing to me. A bit like telling me that Priests are more connected to God than the rest of us.

I maybe one of the majority who are in need of healing without knowing that I need it, this ironically, I am painfully aware of Then again I might be completely sane and wonder what the poster is going on about.

In my unhealed view, I will quite happily avoid the Shaman/Witchdoctor remedies as I have seen some of the medicines they use (not in S America, admittedly, but in Africa and India).

Obviously, I will never understand Aikido

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.