View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 11:00 AM   #25
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
I wish I knew more about the meaning of words verses the social and historical changes of civilizations, but my interest lies in the general developement of nations historical past in relation to other nations and world events.

I could be wrong about this, but it would resemble the royalty of European history, or even the tribal societies of North America with Chiefs, Sub Chiefs, War Chiefs, compared to social structure of the Japanese government, social structure, and supporting royalty also.

Indeed we do become enamored in the identification of teacher, teachers teacher, and master of all teachers. I guess it could either a good or bad thing, depending on how human you view these teachers, and how much guidance you need to open your mind.

Let your instincts guide you, and most times they will be correct ... or corrected in practice.

As for the generality of being instructed in every detail of movement ... that is generally left to the student to explore and question over a period of training time?