Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Bowstring Power

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
That's uplifting.

But really, very comforting to know that Sagawa described the mystery in a way that could be construed to mean the same thing I said!

Yet, sadly, he could still be completely right and I could still be completely wrong. I think it's very best to always assume, as Lee seems to do, that you could be completely off track even though you think you understand. This topic has given me some things to really sharpen my mind with and it's only through these discussions and meeting with Dan and Ark that I finally came to understand my ki and its relation to my mind and body. And that came through arguing about fascia�So it's as if I have dissected myself (really beginning with the aikiweb thread called The Leather Man) and I have understood a whole new approach to using effort in martial arts technique.

And this thing about the bowstring does seem to have real relevance to the pursuit.

I appreciate your very interesting contribution to the questions.

Thanks.

David
Fair enough, I go wrong often enough myself .

There's actually quite a lot in "Takemusu Aiki" about the vertical connection (and all through the Chinese arts, as Lee said), but more on that another time...

Best,

Chris