View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
Location: Devon
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,220
United Kingdom
Re: Does this practice have a name?

Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Sometimes, we chain techniques together through maintaining contact and control during uke's ukemi. We connect shiho nage into a back roll (nage keeping contact with uke's controlled arm through the roll) then, as uke stands up out of the roll, flow into kotegaeshi into a back roll in which nage stays on uke's affected wrist with the nage's "secondary" hand, and nage uses that controlled arm to move into irimi nage.

Does this practice have a name I am forgetting, and better yet, anyone have a video of this and other technique chains?
Hi Kystal,

no idea what this series is called, but we occasionally do the same with the last technique being ikkyo, good practice, whatever the name.



Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.
  Reply With Quote