View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 09:49 PM   #45
G DiPierro
Location: Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 365
In the US, kyu grades they are typically issued by the national organization only. However, my understanding is that a student who requests it can also have the grade registered through Hombu. This would seem to be what it is meant by Article 11 of the Hombu International Regulations, which states that "All practitioners of Aikido must become members of the Hombu at the time of the registration of the 1st dan grade or earlier. [emphasis added]"

I beleive that registering a kyu rank with Hombu also entitles one to a "yukyusha book," the kyu grade equivalent of the Hombu yudansha book. Of course, you should contact your national organziation if you have any questions on its specific policies.
  Reply With Quote