It's spring time and well, I need a few new gis once again. (Funny how training 6 days a week kills gis faster than you can believe.) Currently, I've been ordering from Kioyta Co Inc- mainly because that is who my sensei uses. The factors that go into purchasing a gi for me are:
1. I'm a college student- hence money is a big thing.
2. If I use the JK brand as example I am a 4 top and a 5 bottom. I am a 5'9" female with a very curvy body and long legs which makes me a hard fit when I am just trying to get jeans much less a gi.
3. I am a very amaetur sewer (seams are fine) and my mother is a seamstress so taking in things is no problem. The main thing is, she works another job in the medical field right now and I don't want to ask her to do much other than a quick stick or two.
4. If I was to go the custom made route or a female gi, I would rather get the top only. I'm fine with the pants being oddish (ie not lying flat on my stomach) because its not a beauty contest! Also, I've never had problems with my pants really just the top.
5. Its HOT up here so I only want to use karate gis. I already have to wear a shirt under it for 'modesty' so I'm always warm.
Anyone who could recomend a brand (ie Century) and give me a review on it would be of great help. Thanks.
(Also anyone have a pattern for a gi top? I'd love to know where you got it from.)