View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
Ken McGrew
Dojo: Aikido at UAB
United_States
Re: O'Sensei teaching Aikido at the Hombu Dojo after WWII

Quote:
Christian Moses wrote: View Post
Ken, if you're going to stick your fingers in your ears and refuse to enter into any genuine discussion with anyone maybe you should give up on the whole forum thing. If all you need to know about aikido you can get from Saotome Sensei and his books, maybe you should stick with that. Your refusal to honestly approach information from reputable sources makes me question your motives here. I suspect you're getting pretty close to making people's "special" list.
If you are going to make such baseless personal charges, Chris, then point to examples of my allegedly not engaging in the discussion in a genuine way. It amazes me how some people can't see past sources to the actual evidence that they are supposed to contain. Chris posts something in Japanese and doesn't bother to translate it. People say because Pranin is the source he must be right and the fact that he bases his arguments on an incorrectly transferred film is not addressed. People point to timelines to argue that O Sensei did not teach after 1941, used interviews with people who trained under him in order to establish this timeline, and yet selectively leave out the fact that if asked these original students insist that O Sensei did guide Aikido after the war and that the changes were intentional and that the changes were improvements. I don't think I'm the one who isn't engaging in an honest way with the evidence.