View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #48
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Violence and Aikido

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Thanks Dan. I knew the answer of course. I was hoping that the person that proposed this concept of the sword of healing would define it for me. I like you, understood the sword of life or the life giving sword to be a wielder that possessed the power, skill, and willingness to use it directly, but used it more skillfully to create space, room, and time in order to allow for more skillfull ways of reconciliation and healing to take place. Of course this comes with a risk. You might actually have to use it on occasion if you are really putting yourself out there.you know...in real situations that are authentic, risky, and real.

Can you cross interpret this to the corporate board room? I suppose you could as it certainly makes for a great allegory. Just like sun tzu was in the 80s. However I don,t think it is a good use of your time to spend hours learning physical techniques and training hard in something like Aikido only so you can understand a metaphor.

Heck with all the books, websites, and YouTube videos that are out there you simply can understand these concepts without having to go into the dojo.
Sounds like a space and time giving sword to me. However, a nice logical, construct. You best stick to that one. It suits your parameters.

Regards.G.