View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #74
sorokod
United Kingdom
Re: A Primer on Aikido, Aiki and IS

Quote:
Lee Salzman wrote: View Post
No, I am saying it never actually existed as an inborn trait. Humans are not born knowing how to read. But with lots of training and learning from their parents ...
So as is the case with reading, while the brain that didn't evolve "to read" (so to speak) it is capable of reading, it is the same with is/ip where the body didnt evolve for it but is capable of
aquring it. Is this a fair summary? If so, do you beleive that is/ip is exlusivley a human capacity?

Quote:
... You will not get your entire body to act in harmony on your own very quickly, no more than you will independently discover quantum physics on your own, without lots of painstaking research that may be too much for just your lifetime, having never learned anything about physics. Some things are very hard to see even when they're staring you in the face.
Not quite like sprinters or swimmers then.

Quote:
...A miner or agricultural worker or samurai probably has a better chance at independently discovering IS than me.
Which one is it, quantum physics or physical labour? I don't think that you can have it both ways. Seems to me that the amount and scope of training that is needed (it is claimed) to obtain is/ip implies
great amount of leisure time which would be inconsistent with a agricultural worker.