View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #90
lbb
United_States
Re: why do people search outside Aikido for IS?

Quote:
Lee Salzman wrote: View Post
So excelling inside nor searching outside are not priorities for you, because you're busy with other aspects of your life, but you still have time to put up with us rabble? We're really that important you? That's rather sweet of you!
Wow. I just don't know where to begin with everything that is so desperately wrong with this paragraph.

Quote:
If you've got finite time, is running in the same circles (kinda literally) really a fulfilling way to spend it?
How do you know I'm "running in the same circles"? Perhaps the same authority that has apparently gifted you with the power to define what "excelling" is, and to judge whether or not it is a "priority" for someone else, also gave you the authority to define whether or not someone is "running in the same circles"?

Quote:
Is it really that impossible to budget just a little time to explore something new on occasion?
I explained this once already, Lee; did you really not get it? It's really not that hard, and the difference between "impossible" and "taking resources that I choose to spend elsewhere" is really not that subtle.

I really think you need to work on your diction.

Quote:
I think there is a positive selection bias at work for AikiWeb: we wouldn't be here discussing this if we didn't strongly care enough about it to be challenged by or challenge others' opinions about it.
You're wrong.

Quote:
And, well, you're here, so I dunno what to make of it that you care enough to debate the matter, but not enough to explore it in the flesh.
I'm not debating anything. I'm saying how it is. You can take it or leave it, but I'm not in the business of making sense to you. I'm not interested in jumping on the IS bandwagon; life's too short for me to do everything I might be somewhat interested in, I have to pick and choose, and frankly, there are some toxic personalities waving that banner that I don't want to have anything to do with. That's all the reason I need not to go there.