View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
DH
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Golden Lights

Quote:
Eric DesMarais wrote: View Post
Okay, so then to me it appears possible that the BABS (Bad A$$ Body Skills, let's stay away from "IS" and "aiki" for now) of Takeda, Ueshiba, Sagawa, Yoshida, etc., could be a path to enlightenment or not, depending on how the training was utilized.

I guess where I am going with this is that there seem to be two possible interpretations of aiki around the aikiweb forums:

1) Aiki = Bad A$$ Body Skills

or

2) Aiki = A process of enlightenment utilizing Bad A$$ Body Skills as the vehicle.

But there may be other, better ways to parse this out. Any other options anyone else can think of?
Weeeelllll
The type of training Mark is talking about...brain washing...begins with directing energy initiated from...self gratification. So...Ueshiba would have been er...practicing a different type of solo training
It is a very healthy but difficult training. Yet another thing that is known and documented that certain Japanese practitioners giggle and stare at as an invention of their teacher/ mage.
I would only caution that some people are reaching for straws. Ignorance is a difficult thing to undo with so much emotional investment involved.
In short. This is different than the BABS training. I recently had a lengthy conversation at a seminar with someone who trained it in India for years.
Dan