Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #623
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Graham
You have never done what he does. You listen and process even when we disagree. There is no agenda. We both honestly approach the topic differently. Good grief we have argued heatedly- both thinking the other ignorant of a larger picture -with none of this crap going on.

Neither have you lumped the widely diverse people who train with Ushiro, Ikeda, Ark, Mike, Sam Chin, etc....and me.....as Harden followers.
Were we to take a poll they train with a number of internal guys.
It's functionally dishonest. I am only one of the many teachers these people train with. And oddly enough Ikeda now trains with a Daito ryu guy....surpriiiiise!!
This is a body of work that transcends a single teacher. Which make it almost unstoppable. It has many faces and methods all based on a common theme. Internal power and aiki

This guy came in on the attack and got personal. I dismissed it until we got deeper into it and I saw he was intentionally misquoting me in order to defame me and refused to offer cogent replies. He is arguing points that make no sense and defending teachers..WHO TRAIN THIS WAY ALSO.
Janet pegged it. Anyone telling me that Ikeda and I are heading in different directions doesn't know what they are talking about. I have a letter stating Ikeda wants to meet me. So, telling people I am against Ikeda and Saotome, who I have publicly stated are among the few who are training aiki (and took heat for saying it in open rooms with students of other Shihan) is a lie.
Putting words in my mouth that I am going to attack them should not be allowed without supporting it.
I would demand a retraction or a censuring of this person, but I won't get one. Nothing has changed. Like I said, ya might as well start attacking my family here as well.
It's open season.

Dan
Dan, I think Ken saying that you wished to 'attack' them was a classic misunderstanding on his part. It's due to how you said it rather than what you meant by what you said. Come on, you do use a bit of colourful language like 'putting hands on' and 'they will be left helpless' and such terminology. This can easily be misconstrued as a threat or implied threat. As I said, a misunderstanding.

You say you know about spirals? Then how about this one. He misunderstands and takes it as a threat. He then accuses you of threatening violence. Everyone piles in blah, blah, blah, You then accuse him of accusing you falsely. He then repeats his accusation. You then accuse him of false accusation again and say he may as well attack your family while he's at it. Woahhhh. I call that a downward spiral which can only result in nothing any good.

What's new? Same ol same ol. (apart from calling you lairs. Maybe that implies you are wild animals ha, ha.) ref: post 613.

Regards.G.