Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #51
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: "stance of heaven (and earth)" and IS

Quote:
Tim Ruijs wrote: View Post
In general,
Thanks for the constructive comment you all gave. I made quite a bold statement and feel nobody got offended (nor was such intended!) and everyone stayed helpful. Cudos.
it's all right. most of us have done the same at one time or another. encountered the IS folks gave me a whole different perspective. they expanded my boundary of what possible and challenged many of my assumptions. and here is the important piece. they did it with hand-on experience, and then show you the progression order how to train for it. there are folks who can demonstrate, but cannot teach. there are folks who can do both; these are rare breed.

when you rewired your body in IS mode, it won't be confused. actually, it will be confusing during the process. it feels more natural than you realized. have you notice how martial arts folks move differently when they are on the mat vs normally in their daily lives? one of the goal for IS folks is to move with IS all the time whether they are on the mat or not.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org