View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #73
Kat.C
Quote:
Christopher Li (Chris Li) wrote:
Well yes, they are the same in that they participate in discrimination. And yes, I think that they are wrong in that aspect of their activities. I also note that are a number of co-ed boy scout (and other) groups now.
So scouts are misogynists?

What is wrong about this type of discrimination as it is not preventing either sex from doing the related activities? They all go camping, they all earn merit badges etc. I guess alot can depend on a persons definition of discrimination, it means to treat someone differently based on things other than personal merit, not necessarily treat them better or worse just differently. Women and men are different why do we need to be treated exactly the same.

Quote:
Generally speaking, yes. Put it this way - do you think that discriminating on the basis of skin color would be ok even though it's possible to change the color of your skin through medical procedures?
I don't agree with discriminating due to skin colour at all there is no logic to it, and it is done from hatred.
Quote:
Historically, women have fought hard to break away from the "biology is destiny" argument that locked them in the kitchen and out of math and science classes (among other things). I always find it kind of sad that many women now bring up essentially the same argument to bolster their own arguments. No offence intended, of course.

Best,

Chris
Wait, I'm talking the different parts of the brain being active for different things not that womens brains dictate that we are only good in the kitchen! It's 3 in the morning here and I can't think of where any of the stuff is that I'm talking about. It's to do with different parts of the brain being active for the same thing in men than in women. Umm that's a bit confusing isn't it?

Okay a picture would show that in a situation a part A of the mans brain is active whereas in the womens brain it's a different part. Did that make sense? I don't mean that we can't do the same things that men do just that our brains function differently, not better or worse.

Kat

I find the aquisition of knowledge to be relatively easy, it is the application that is so difficult.