View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:52 AM   #127
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: True Warfare

Quote:
Torbjorn Saw wrote: View Post
Sorry Graham, seemingly you clearly didn't understand my op and that leads me to think you have no experience of what I'm describing. It's a caring, loving, aware and conscious feeling engagement that is present from the moment we lay eyes on each other. It's being your brother when you don't believe you have one. We can call it pre-emptive and infiltration using words of war or we can call it fully embracing using more acceptable language. Some times some words just hits the correct note inside and we can feel it in our engagement. If you loosen your judgment of what is the correct way of saying something, missing the heart of the matter, you might find a new experience waiting to reveal itself to you. If you like to express it differently please do so, and let's see if we are describing the same thing? Because so far I haven't heard you describe anything similar to what I've expressed in the op. To clarify, it is not literal. Do not invade another country please. Really I shouldn't have to clarify this. It's takes away all joy in sharing. Because you already know it's a metaphor for an interior experience between two aikidokas. But if you want to play the fool and pretend you know better the hole you're digging for your self just gets bigger and bigger.
Hi Torbjorn.
So you think it's a good metaphor for what you later describe. I think it isn't. There you are. No fool playing,

'Yoshi drew his sword and calmly waited as the enemy approached menacingly. Jiro was set on wiping this idiot off of the face of the earth and sword raised faced Yoshi, pervading him like a radar scanning for openings, focused, with dark piercing eyes that sent fear racing through most opponents as they cut into their souls like laser beams.

Yoshi calmly looked. His mind still like a cloudless, windless, summers day. There before him he saw this lost soul, a long lost friend, trying his best to be what he wasn't. Yoshi felt the scanning, the laser like negative Ki, the monster like clothing being worn by this unfortunate man. He saw through to the hidden goodness and love that this poor fool was running away from. He felt Jiros mind scanning, plotting, full of strategies and games of death. An inner warm smile filled his whole body as he joined and blended with it all, still unmoved, still peaceful, at one with all and eyes that flowed with compassion, shimmejutsu.

Jiro felt a nervousness and frustration and summoned all his willpower and rage and leapt in with his death cut and felt his own body split in half as he met his own death.

Jiro looked up from the floor, as Yoshi looked down at him smiling. Confused, sure he was dead yet he was still alive. Alive but thoroughly defeated. Ashamed. Yet somehow released from some evil grip.

Yoshi thanked him for the experience and went on his way. 'It's been a good day' he thought.

There, that's my take on it. Enjoy.

Regards.G.