View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
R.A. Robertson
Dojo: Still Point Aikido Center
Re: Un Camino que Tiene Corazón

Jeff,

Like you, my internal landscape remains rich, and mysteries therein yet beckon. That can be an occasional respite, but for people with my particular disposition can too easily be the road to escape, delusion, and solipsism. I need to throw myself against the hard external world from time to time too.

It's that particular somatic encounter with the "outside" world that is less available to me, currently. I certainly hope it's temporary, but these days every step I take toward better fitness brings about risk of injury and setback.

It's where I am on my path right now, and I have the examples of better men than me who have demonstrated how to turn setbacks into opportunities. That's what I'm working on, but as I wrote, some passages on a journey are less charming than others.

In any case, I sincerely appreciate the belay. I think you have the lead in this regard, and from where I stand, I can enthusiastically say "Nice up!" Now I just have to figure out how to follow you on this particular pitch.

Thanks,

RA