View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
RonRagusa
United_States
Re: Correctly Translating and Understanding the Works and Teachings of Morihei Ueshib

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
How can we ever expect to improve unless we acknowledge that we suck a lot?
Hi Marc -

Interesting. I don't suck. I'm very good at what I do. Nevertheless, I realize that I'll always have lots of room above the level that I'm currently at for improvement.

Quote:
Sincere training should always involved checking your ego in at the door so that you can openly embrace your inadequacies.
So check your ego at the door but bring your anti-ego in with you? Would it not be preferable to check both at the door and approach training with a neutral mind-set unburdened by the baggage of judgement?

Quote:
Seems to me like people are too insecure to admit that they simply suck at certain things.
From a psychological standpoint it seems to me that admitting there is always more to learn and discover is healthier than the self-deprecating "I suck at that" attitude.

Quote:
It if far easier and politically correct to play in the land of niceness, but far harder to progress.
I don't see how political correctness has anything to do with it. We're talking about self image here.What's politically correct about not beating ones self over the head with all kinds of negative internal dialog?

Best,

Ron