Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: An inspiring conversation between a violin teacher and a Ki-Aikido teacher

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Hi Greg.
Whasssup. First let's clear something here. Visualizing is just a tool until you get the reality.

The reality is you have a spiritual space. In Aikido, or should I say, in that Aikido and my Aikido and maybe many other, it's a fundamental part of training.

You align that space with the physical space. Once again spiritual and physical in unison. That's one aspect of it. But first you have to know the reality of it and then the reality of how to use it in Aikido.

Then the reality of how it applies and to what etc.

I would say first comes body and physical movement of, then energy and how that works complete with yin and yang principles and paths of non-restance etc. and the geometry involved etc and then comes space and the 'mechanics' of. But that's spiritual.

Regards.G.
Sorry to be slow with a response - I just got back from a training session with a local instructor of Sam Chin's I liq Chuan - very interesting stuff that I Liq Chuan

Ok, Graham, buddy, when he says grab like you would a baby, that is a metaphor. However, with that said, you may find it strange that I agree with some of the other stuff you said about space. But IMO, I think you got the following backwards:

"I would say first comes body and physical movement of, then energy and how that works complete with yin and yang principles and paths of non-restance etc. and the geometry involved etc and then comes space and the 'mechanics' of. But that's spiritual. "

I would say that first comes mind and energy then physical movement complete with yin and yang in both the mental AND physical - I don't know if that fits everyone's definition of spiritual, but it certainly should fit most definitions for mental.

Greg