View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #39
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA
Re: verbal abuse from a teacher

Sorry Anonymous, but I've heard all the excuses over the years. "He really loves me, but he's just under so much stress since he lost his job." "I know he doesn't like pea soup and I forgot and served it tonight for dinner and he just lost his temper." And I've almost thrown up in my own mouth interrogating a child molester when I've said things like "Yeah, I understand - some six year olds will come on to you." to build rapport and gain a confession.

I certainly could be wrong, but this is classic grooming behavior and it looks like you ain't being groomed for godan. Talk to your parents, talk to that receptive teacher you mentioned. Talk to anyone who absolutely has your best interests at heart and ask their advice. What is the worst that can happen? If I, and others here, are wrong, you can be confident in training every day with this teacher. If I'm right, you can remove yourself from a potentially dangerous situation. In any event, it is bigger than an internet forum can solve. Best wishes to you, your decision and your future.

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."