View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #67
DH
United_States
Re: Why so many Haters of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido?

Quote:
Oisin Bourke wrote: View Post
You made blanket statements about budo and pretty much every anyone teaching or practising one. People from Donn Draeger, Pascal Krieger and the de Prosperos have spent a lot of time and effort explaining the deeper apects of the art to westerners. Are they all just part of the "Budo wallpaper" too ? Posts on a public forum don't have to applaud everyone. They don't have to include blanket dismissals or denigrations either.
There are many more to add to that list as well. dozens off the top of my head.
You are making one hell of a presumptive leap to assume you know my thoughts on the scope of budo-to include the entire history of budo- based on some discussion of the well known sad state of affairs with ki and aiki these modern arts. Perhaps I should donate my library from classics of strategy to rare Chinese translations to personal writings of Don Draeger to some interesing twists on Japanese warfare with newer forensic studies to some needy soul.
Are you denying the idea of a lower mean, a lower denominator, my budo wallpaper? The fact that Master level people stood out from the masses defines your own obvious resentment at their being "also rans."
I will assume the lack of care and serious thought in your statement is intentionally flippant so I'll leave it at that.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 09-06-2011 at 02:35 PM.