View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #100
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: philosophical or practical martial art?

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
It really shouldn't have. Do you know the saying, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day"? Or "even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then"? If you're right by accident, that detracts from the validity of your arguments, it doesn't buttress them.

I call it flawed logic because it is. Retroactively restating won't change that.

Yes, Graham, we know. We know your propensity to characterize anyone who doesn't agree with you as being incapable of understanding, unable to "handle it", and various flavors of just plain wrong. We know all about your absolute belief in your personal infallibility. It makes perfect sense that, having such a belief, you naturally conclude that anyone who disagrees with you must be completely wrong. In retrospect, my earlier question was foolish: with such an unwavering belief in your own omniscience, if you happened to believe that 2+2=5...well, anyone who believes otherwise must obviously be wrong, foolish, "can't handle" the truth.

Yes, Graham, I know. You're infallible. You "see through" criticism -- you see it through the inevitably flawed, utterly false, not-infallible-Graham-thought that it is.

My apologies. I have now been enlightened as to your infallible authority. From now on, I'll accept everything you say as absolute truth -- never mind if it's manifestly contradicted by all available evidence and logic.

Oh, I'm quite sure you didn't.

*PLONK*
Maybe I'm just centred? But don't worry Mary I'm only centred twice a day.

You're such an authority on me, I'm honoured. I thank you again.

Regards.G.