View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #99
lbb
United_States
Re: philosophical or practical martial art?

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Hello Mary.
Firstly may I thank you for the twice you mentioned that you kind of agreed with my conclusions yet feel I must have got there by accident. That made my day.
It really shouldn't have. Do you know the saying, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day"? Or "even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then"? If you're right by accident, that detracts from the validity of your arguments, it doesn't buttress them.

Quote:
How can you tell me what I'm saying and then call it flawed logic? Your mistranslation of what I said is not therefore what I said. I said a bad student blames. I infer by that that blame is something a lot of people believe is normal and logical and that I see it differently.
I call it flawed logic because it is. Retroactively restating won't change that.

Quote:
If you can't handle that view then it just shows me you don't understand it
Yes, Graham, we know. We know your propensity to characterize anyone who doesn't agree with you as being incapable of understanding, unable to "handle it", and various flavors of just plain wrong. We know all about your absolute belief in your personal infallibility. It makes perfect sense that, having such a belief, you naturally conclude that anyone who disagrees with you must be completely wrong. In retrospect, my earlier question was foolish: with such an unwavering belief in your own omniscience, if you happened to believe that 2+2=5...well, anyone who believes otherwise must obviously be wrong, foolish, "can't handle" the truth.

Quote:
Saying 'don't want to hear criticism' is once again a fallacy, it comes from you not me. To welcome criticism and blame and to see through it is my view rather than be led by it or feel insulted or otherwise.
Yes, Graham, I know. You're infallible. You "see through" criticism -- you see it through the inevitably flawed, utterly false, not-infallible-Graham-thought that it is.

Quote:
Argument by Authority? Maybe you don't like me having an authorative view, a view given with innate certainty.
My apologies. I have now been enlightened as to your infallible authority. From now on, I'll accept everything you say as absolute truth -- never mind if it's manifestly contradicted by all available evidence and logic.

Quote:
I didn't get to the conclusion by accident.
Oh, I'm quite sure you didn't.

*PLONK*