View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #55
MM
United_States
Re: The Descent of Aiki

Quote:
Cliff Judge wrote: View Post
Sorry, I thought your statement to the effect of "i am not going to make assertions about things I know nothing about" was retroactively applicable to the assertions you had already made.
There is a difference between stating ideas,theories, possibilities and between stating what people do or what koryu do especially regarding training and gokui.

I stated a possibility of a type of training in Ono-ha Itto-ryu. I did not, nor did I ever, state that I know what Ono-ha Itto-ryu training was like, what constituted it, what its gokui was, nor did I do that for Jikishinkage ryu, nor did I do that for any member of either ryu past or present.

Point of fact, I completely left out Jikishinkage ryu of any of my discussions because the focus was on the people whom Takeda stated were his teachers, not because Jikishinkage ryu could have, might have, or does hold specific types of training, be they external or internal.

As I stated, "I don't know either one. I won't make any assertions on either." Should you want to have a discourse regarding my ideas as set forth previously, please continue. Should you want to play word games with my posts, please understand I will no longer take part. Have a good day.

Mark