Top 10 Reasons I Joined Aikido:
10. I already lacked a social life. Might as well have a REASON for not having a social life!
9. Jujutsu was too much work.
8. Needed something to do on Friday night (see #10)
7. Needed a reason, as a grown woman without kids, to roll around on the ground.
6. Local Aikido class is small and close-knit
5. My Sensei is made of awesome. I HAD to be around that much awesomeness every week in hopes it would rub off. (hasn't yet)
4. Attacking people outside of a dojo is generally frowned upon.
3. I liked all the vowels in "Aikido."
2. Cheaper than therapy, less jail time than out-of-dojo assault.
1. Though I didn't know it at the time of my first class, my class became my family. I joined Aikido to be with my family