View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
robin_jet_alt
Australia
Re: Open Letter to My Students

I really do understand what you are all saying about prioritizing, and I admit that I am currently prioritizing, food, work and family over aikido. All I mean to say is that I doubt Alex Nakamura sensei for example is expected to do all the cooking in his household. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he could finish his training session, go home and have a snack and a cup of tea waiting for him. That makes a very big difference. I really don't think we should be making judgments about each other's choices unless we can walk in their shoes. There is a difference between someone who doesn't train regularly because they can't be bothered, and someone who doesn't train regularly because of other responsibilities.

In my own personal circumstances, if my wife and I were to eat takeaway 3 or 4 nights per week, I think we would quickly develop health problems, which would also hinder me from training. Not to mention the fact that it would just be gross. As things stand, I haven't been on the mat for about a month due to everything I've mentioned plus illness and things like going to a friend's wedding. I am literally itching to get on the mat. It really isn't due to a lack of will. I would much rather be on the mat than on these forums for instance.