View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #257
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Tom Holz wrote: View Post
Graham, I'm sorry you have not met them, but there are people who encourage their students & peers to become their best and exceed themselves as teachers, and who are happy to see their students make progress, and happier still as they are matched or outdone and then challenged to improve both their teaching skills as well as the skills they teach.

In my limited exposure to IP/aiki, Aikido, and the martial arts, I have met many people who have been selflessly helpful in this way; I don't think I would enjoy training with people who did not share this approach.
Tom. All or most teachers are happy to see their students progress, that's obvious and I have met many. All or most teachers share their understandings and abilities with whoever they meet from whichever art, that too is obvious and I have met many. So don't feel sorry for me please.

As to the true understanding of what I said about holding to the principle of making better than self I'm afraid you have missed the point grasshopper.

It's another of my observations which are quite zen. Thus I see by action of rather than what appears to be.

Regards G.