View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #86
jester

United_States
Re: Basics, basics, basics

Quote:
Chris Knight wrote: View Post
O Sensei was immoveable by any number of martial artists including judoka and wrestlers. Dont you think this body skill cant be re-learnt??
The unmovable trick is just that. Lifting someone up or trying to push them over is just using 1 line of off balance. It's very easy to redirect someones force. Force redirection works when only 1 line of force is being applied.

For instance I can sit in a chair on only the 2 back legs and can make it very hard for you to push me over backwards. This is just physics at work and I have to do a little trick to make it happen.

Everything O'sensei did can be explained by physics. Take a look at this video: http://youtu.be/XoDK3XuvZWw

When someone pushes on him, he pushes perpendicular or down the line of their force and throws them. Other times people are just falling for him.

This is the way I see it and all of my training revolves around this basic principal. All of the Tomiki Aikido 17 use this principal and those are the building blocks for all the Koryu Katas.

-

-It seems to be all about semantics!