View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #37
Adam Huss

United_States
Re: How ready should you be for a test?

Quote:
Lyle Laizure wrote: View Post
While I would agree with this as a general statement I would have to say that under certain circumstances this should be allowed. It shouldn't be necessary but there are times that a student can get an overinflated idea of who they are and where their capabilities reside. This certainly isn't a first course of action but if other counseling doesn't suffice a little embarassment is sometimes just the right medicine.
Yeah, I didn't want to really say that because I thought it would start a controversy and bickering....plus its definitely not the norm. But we've done it before, in our group. Not necessarily with the stated intent of humiliation, but when someone who doesn't put forth the effort of their fellow testing candidates, but constantly insist and ask about testing, sometimes its good to see if they notice the difference between themselves and the other people they test with. Its a fine, and debatable, line that I didn't want to get into. With that, I agree that is a course to take, albeit carefully considered.

cheers,
A

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei!