View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: Do We Need To Invent A New Training? Yes/No/Maybe/How?

Who is DJ?

You can not equate physical conflict in general with suspects resisting arrest.

Quote:
When the altercation involved just civilians The ratio of punches increased significantly

Because you say so.

Quote:
Sorry for my poor semantics DJ. In my personal experience 80% of the confrontations I've been in started with a push or punch.
Your personal experience is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. Doesn't prove your 95% of physical conflicts start with a series of punches statement. And in your case, you've just said the 80% of physical conflicts you've been involved started with a punch (not with a series of punches) or a push. Would you like to do the maths for your 80% again? Who is DJ, btw?

Quote:
Continue to nitpick at your leisure and yes Budo and Budorenshuu can be considered part of the Aikido "syllabus" in my view.
And in mine, and there are not much dealing with punches in them.

Quote:
Scores of books have been published on the Aikido "syllabus". Pick One.
I'm only interested in the ones wrote by the Founder, so I can check the accuracy of your "The idea that O'Sensei was too stupid or ignorant to account for the way 95% of all physical conflicts start ( with a series of punches) in his syllabus" thing.

Quote:
All of our techniques Start with Atemi... All of them...
Mine have atemi at the start, in the middle and, in many cases, at the end. So what.

Quote:
So let me ask you.... By questioning me are you defending Chris's view?
I'm starting to consider defending Chris view, for the fun of doing it.

Quote:
Please try to look at what I "wrote" not what you're "reading"
This is what you wrote:

With all due respect...The idea that O'Sensei was too stupid or ignorant to account for the way 95% of all physical conflicts start ( with a series of punches) in his syllabus requires a detailed explanation Chris.

This requires not only explanation but proof.

Quote:
I will try to explain things better in the future
The sooner the better

Quote:
With just a casual search I found 7 pages of Tsuki Techniques alone....
You must be joking.

OTOH, who is DJ?

Last edited by Demetrio Cereijo : 05-17-2011 at 07:55 PM.