View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #34
Alberto_Italiano
Re: Effective udekimenage against resistance

Quote:
Reuben Yap wrote: View Post
I'll try this though I think 6 minutes is really pushing it given how intense it all is :P I also actually think the boxing gloves is a handicap for me since it is hard to capture the boxing gloves if i want to apply any sort of wrist throw/lock.

Also Fight science interestingly showed that wearing bigger ounce gloves doesn't really mean more protection. Seemed to deliver the same impact if perhaps on a marginally larger surface area.
We need to think of safety - he has to wear the gloves. You won't place a sankyo with them on, but your theorical repertoire remains nonetheless mostly intact.

I am referring to the 12 ounces because normally you find either 10 or 12 - the more protection I can grant you as I suggest such an idea, the better - even if marginal.

6 Minutes are normally broken in 2 rounds with a 1 minute pause between them.

Keep in mind that normally amateur boxers fight on the 3 rounds distance (pro on the 12).
2 rounds seem fine - let's do aikido under fatigue and actual blows that carry no compliments.

It's gonna be a fantastic experience - sobering, but also beautiful in its own way.

Thank you again for your video - I really loved it, and exactly because techniques were messy.

ps consider you have space to dance around - some real situations may not afford that - unless you may get an actual ring which seems a good compromise between little space and a whole room.
I am referring to these things because they are consolidated sportive standards when it comes to actually hit.

Last edited by Alberto_Italiano : 05-10-2011 at 03:46 AM.