View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #128
chillzATL
United_States
Re: Tadashi Abe and Kenji Tomiki and their criticism

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Hi Jason,

I think I understad what you mean and I've also looking to fix my issues with aikido (going outside aikido, of course, I'm a lost cause for aikido) and helping others to find quality IP/Aiki instruction also outside of aikido because, the people who is teaching it, people like Dan, Mike, Ark, Howard, Ushiro, etc., are not aikido instructors.
I think that's just the reality that we have to accept for now and IMO, it's not a bad thing. It makes it difficult as far as integrating these things into aikido as a whole, but that's temporary. There's going to be a point in the future where the people who are just jr. instructors (if that even) in their orgs now are going to be the shihans and are going to be running the show. So how they do things and what they integrate in their training is up to them. THat's when change will happen. Looking to change things from the bottom up, now, is a lost cause i'm afraid. at least in the larger orgs and such. Smaller orgs or independant dojos have a much easier time of it. The next 20 years could, no should, be a very interesting time for aikido as a whole.