:23
1:04
1:10
1:13 (back)
1:15 (left)
1:39
2:13 (left)
2:26 (forward)

If one pays attention closely, the times when Osensei leans forward is during the omote versions of techniques. The times when he doesn't lean forward is when he's not intended to enter and/or when he's doing ura (when uke's enters). For the sake of clarity then, what are these moments in the film called if not "leaning"? Please help me understand.
When I say "leaning," I might ought to use the term "bent" as in the very opening of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5mf7k9tveI

You're standing bent forward before she grabs and you're not moving even for a moment after she grabs. I'm not criticizing the not moving because you're showing something. But you're also showing a very bent posture that violates what the Chinese call "six harmonies" and which should also be clearly expressed in aikido and other Japanese arts. Between 0:02 and 0:06, you're bent forward and that kind of posture appears repeatedly throughout many of your videos.

That's not the kind of "leaning" we see in the Asahi film. It's not what we see in Shioda or Saito and I never saw anything like it in Japan.

There was no need to diverge to another thread with this. It belongs in the first thread.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com