View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 10:27 PM   #43
Kat.C
Quote:
Ian Dodkins (ian) wrote:
I see your point Kathryn, and who knows what one will really do in a situation. However, who are you to say your life is worth more than theirs?
Well, I didn't say that my life is worth more, but really that question should be applied to the attacker not to me as in this situation it is the attacker who has decided that my life is worth nothing, I just wouldn't agree.
Quote:
I think this is why we should really reflect on the fact that we will die one day; and in my belief there is no heaven, so our actions are more important than our lives. Aikido give us a way to live without fear, yet still to be able to protect our lives.

Ian
I believe our actions are important too, and I have a responsibility to my child,my husband, and the rest of my family,(not to mention the love between us all) so dying in order to not harm someone who is trying to kill me is unthinkable. Whether or not I am more important than my attacker is irrelevent, my family is.

Do you really think that if someone chooses to kill someone, the victim should be willing to give his life rather than fight back and risk the attacker's?

Kat

I find the aquisition of knowledge to be relatively easy, it is the application that is so difficult.