View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #29
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: On M. Tennenhouse

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Of course, thats why history is written, rewritten and rewritten again and again. On the tendency to interpret differently the same "facts", you are the psychologist (iirc). Why people gives different interpretations and meanings to the same facts?

Possibly, but for a being an irrelevant footnote he is still used as the mythological example and legendary standard of martial idiocy.

You guys are still carrying him like the young monk was carrying the young lady in the tale. This could mean something... or not.

Focusing in the positives, of course. Was not the MT incident part of the positives?

Regards.
Demetrio:

The simple fact is that I never raised the issue of MT in this thread but simply added commentary after it was already raised, so I do not know why you used the monk analogy. I would certainly agree that he does serve as a stark reminder to the Aikido world about being able to walk the talk, honesty, integrity..... I think that the person who first brought MT up was making a cautionary comparison to the original poster in the thread in which this originated from. I do not view that event as being even remotely similar to a mythology. Anti-mythology at best, since there has been a remarkable degree of under-reporting of the event, as opposed to larger-than-life distortions.

I do not consider the MT incident to be part of the positives. NOBODY I know who was there even remotely views that series of events in a positive manner. Greek comedy at best.... My positive memories are with the remarkable instructors, teachers, friends,... whom I was lucky enough to spend that time with.

Marc Abrams