View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #32
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Silk reeling

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Can you and Matt point out to me where you've said anything during the recent archived posts where Mark Murray and Dan have both continuously made personal attacks for a while before I responded? It's just a curiosity of mine about human behavior.
You may well be right about people commenting more after a response is issued, I couldn't say. It would fit certain preconceptions I have about human nature, but I believe that's somewhat moot where my point is concerned.
I was trying to steer clear of cause and focus on the end effect with my analogy. Teachers regularly find themselves in the middle of two people who have different accounts of reality. After a certain amount of time, it doesn't matter who started it. That it keeps getting started becomes the issue; that the same people are involved becomes the issue. I didn't mean to be disrespectful by comparing you guys to 2nd graders, and in retrospect I think I should have chosen kinder wording to describe the fact that, regardless of who started it, you both seem to take whatever bait the other tosses out there. I don't know who's more to blame; I don't care. As I see it, you both probably ought ignore anything you see the other guy doing which could be in poor taste. I believe I've seen you both needle each other. Am I right? I don't know. I don't really care. I do care that I was looking forward to different takes on silk reeling and got the same crap I've seen only too recently. I'm honestly surprised I'm seeing it this quickly. It's from that surprise that I'm being this direct...and again I apologize if I'm completely out of line. I'm sure Jun would rather I ignore it like I'm telling you guys to do toward each other (I'm sorry, Jun), but I feel compelled to tell you both what I think at the moment because frankly I'm tired, a little cranky, and I still have to start my nasty job for the night working at the nasty airport.
No offense intended, and now that I've expressed myself to the best this moment's ability will allow, I'll leave it be for a day or two.
Take care, everyone.
Sincerely,
Matthew

Last edited by mathewjgano : 02-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Gambarimashyo!