Thread: Silk reeling
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
MM
United_States
Re: Silk reeling

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
OK, Mark.... tell me what you understand already about Reeling Silk. You're indicating that the idea that you don't know basics is insulting, so I say, fine.... tell me what you know right up to the edge of reeling-silk so I'll know where to begin. If you're not "too dumb to understand or not skilled enough to be at that level", give us a logical and knowledgeable indication so I'll know where to pick from.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
First, you brought my post over from another thread. Now who's harassing whom?

Second, let's examine what I said in that other thread:

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
It seems fairly straight forward that he does. Then why hedge on explaining it? What is silk reeling? After all, "it's perfectly legitimate if someone claims to be doing "silk reeling" or some other buzzword to ask them to explain it." If Mike stays true to form, it'll either be silence or a turn-around asking the poster to explain it.
Notice that I predicted exactly what Mike would do. He stayed very true to form and tried to turn things around. But, notice, which Mike conveniently hides, that I *never* talked about silk reeling. Mike did. And he did so while making everyone else out to be subpar in their understanding of it.

To re-quote Mike, "it's perfectly legitimate if someone claims to be doing "silk reeling" or some other buzzword to ask them to explain it."

As noted below, you still haven't explained the buzzwords you used to describe your knowledge of Ueshiba's breathing practices or Ueshiba's traditional system. Care to elaborate on that? Or just remain true to form and ask me to explain my knowledge first?

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Speaking of explaining, how about explaining knowing what Ueshiba's breathing practices were and what Ueshiba's traditional system was in regards to kokyu? Especially considering most of Ueshiba's students had a very hard time understanding what Ueshiba was doing, let alone recreating those skills. Bold below is my addition: