View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #279
Tenyu
Dojo: Aikibodo
United_States
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Hmm. Why did you post your uncle's picture, then, on a controversial thread? You brought both him and Kaicho Nakamura into the discussion. I take it from your sharp reaction that either you haven't discussed it with them or they gave you rather embarrassing responses.
A+ on bait quality. Sharing family lineage is not the same as sharing history of private family affairs.

Quote:
And it shows that pretty much everything you do and think is tied up in relation to Tom Read, based on his ideas and the training you undertook with him. So....what are people to think?
I think you need to reread what I've posted in the thread. Over 90% of my training timewise in the Staff has been by myself from the very first day of stick class which was held only once a week. The other six days was done on my own after regular taijitsu classes, as it should be. I know most Aikidoists have a hard time understanding the idea of independent study but that's whats required if one is to strive for the Aikido of the founder. I have already credited Tom for teaching me the concepts, and now that his book is published these concepts are available to anyone who wants to learn more about them. What really matters though is the application in real life, and that is something I mostly taught myself. I'll reiterate for the last time that Aikibodo fundamentally differs from Aikibojitsu in application. I can prove this fact both through transcription and video. But as I said I'm not here to compare me to anyone. If others want to learn what I have to offer then I'm giving them that opportunity. From my informed ‘opinion' my work is the closest to O Sensei's that I know of. I know I'm on a forum filled with older established teachers who would never dare learn from someone much younger especially after being ignorantly accused of koryu heresy, but I know there're lurkers reading this so it's not all for naught.

Quote:
Also, really, you should do another thread on Peak Oil (which I've been studying since 1974) on the Open Topics forum.
And you never felt compelled to attempt to share this on Aikiweb Open Topics before? The Koryu of Olduvai Gorge's Kepan?