Thread: Tameshigiri
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
DH
United_States
Re: Tameshigiri

Lynn is more than well aware of real tameshigiri and that he cannot cut well, He has hired experts in the past, He's just selling a spear and showing that it can be used as weapon.
I'm sure you can get a bunch of people to join in with you in laughing at this guy and cutting him up but...
Is laughing at him, positive in any way?
Is this a clinical discussion?

As to the insult to the arts
"bowing and scraping to some guy wearing black culottes taking a year of my time to teach me the Sacred Way™...
There is far more to weapons than any type of proper cutting demonstration, and there is a reason that most Koryu don't typically even bother with it. There is far more to cutting than demonstrating successful bashing cuts or even correct single cuts-that is phenomenally effective and practical in every way. And few understand just how and why that is. It's easy to make fun of arts when you don't have clue what is contained in them.

Folks
Other than shining a light on it, and correcting it- this level of discussion and behaviour (laced with insults to the community) is not something we should be part of. I hope you will agree.

Dan

Last edited by DH : 02-06-2011 at 11:43 AM.