View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #177
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Ikeda Sensei Demos of Ki

Quote:
Thomas Campbell wrote: View Post
Good overall post, Greg, although I don't know if yet another section of the AW forum is necessary. I usually look to the "Training" and "Techniques" sections for "technical" discussions. Assuming that the, or at least a, primary goal of posts on AW regarding internal skills is how IS principles and exercises can be applied to aikido, then the exchange of detailed "how to" material could logically be placed there, or in the "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" page as a specifically "technical" thread, so indicated in the initial post.

What ruins the "technical" discussions are the personal snipings and not-so-hidden agendas. Apparently even the tightly-controlled QiJin forum is not immune to this aspect of human nature.

I think it's a lot to ask of Jun to moderate every aspect of what are supposed to be discussions among adults with ostensibly common interests and training goals. I for one appreciate him making this forum available, and have learned a lot from what the aikido community shares. It's really up to each of us individually to police our own posts and refrain from diatribe, subtle or overt, where none is called for.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the comments. My basic point was that there should be a segregated part of the forum where those that want to focus on that type of stuff can go and be left alone to do as they want with those of a like mind. That would leave the rest of the forum available for those not of that mindset to feel safe from those that like to prey on them simply because they do not want to discuss a topic to the extent of some others, etc.

Greg