View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #296
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Why do you perceive "internal" superior to athleticism?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
What is IP, I really haven't seen any answers about that. Rob suggested that it's some kind of body skill. Others have suggested similar things. If this is the case, if IP is a body skill, then it seems to me that it would be an athletic practice. If this is the case, why aren't sports teams all employing IP teachers. We saw from Hunters example that at least NFL teams are aware of these types of teachers, yet they choose not to employ them.
i believed i wrote somewhere about at the beginning part of learn IP skills, you need to rewire your body where most of the stuffs you have done before won't work, at least for a year or two, depends on how much change you need. kinda hard to tell the NFL football team, multi-billions industry, that for a year or two, the other teams will plow through your defensive line like hot knife through butter. would you jumping on that band wagon? i wouldn't if i was the owner of such team.

the term i used is IS (internal skills), not IP (internal power). it's learned skills to mind manage body movement for efficiency, for long duration, against various constraints such as size, speed, age that common folks could do to enhance their performance vs genius such as Ueshiba, Kano, Funakoshi. there is nothing magical about this. these are skills that were kept secret for a long time, and still are. these skills can be trained once you understand the various parameters and so on. also helped with folks who know to give a helping hand.