View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #163
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Aikido training - Why are you searching for internal strength?

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote: View Post
You say that as though true intellectual engagement is less sincere or honest than physical engagement. It is true they cannot substitute for one another, but they are necessary complements, and have been seen so since ancient times, in all arts of war.
Erick, the key word is "true intellectual engagement". And that, unfortunately, is what you're missing.

When the "intellectual engagement" is true, there is no discrepancy and everything flows well. But when the "intellectual engagement" is false or simply ignorant, it will stop cold when it encounters the physical truth.

And in your case, since you are clearly afraid to meet Dan, Mike, Ark or Rob, it's clear that you're just amusing yourself by generating meaningless froth. Unfortunately, you want everyone to take it seriously. But how can we take someone seriously who can't be man enough to back up his arguments with a physical proof?

And besides not having the personal integrity to step up and prove your intellectual froth, you have the nerve to pass around baseless rumors about Dan's hurting people in cooperative practice to justify yourself.

Okay, then. You're too weak to face Dan. What about Mike, Ark or Rob?

No.

Again. To place your frothy idle musings beside "true intellectual engagement" is fine for meaningless blather, but in martial arts you only "know" what you can "do." And it's clear you don't know much at all about this topic.

But the worst is to be so cowardly as to impugn the integrity of a fine teacher and then to continue your farthings of "intellectuality" from the safety of your keyboard.

I happened to see your silly response when I opened this thread before logging in. So I took you off "ignore" long enough to say that your bragging and smug superiority deserve absolutely no recognition and no respect until you apologize for the lies you have spread about Dan and show that you're man enough to put up and meet him face to face. Otherwise, you should just shut up.

Don't bother addressing me in any way again until you've done those things. I can get sewage off cable TV. I don't need it from you.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.davidorangejr.com