View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #74
OwlMatt

Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
United_States
Re: bad technique vs. resistance

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
Genie, my wife said we should simply get a good editor and see if he or she could pull something coherent out of the ridiculous amount of time I've spent posting on-line. I may do that. Right now, my Mom thinks I have wasted my adult like. Seeing my stuff on-line simply hasn't changed that opinion. The same stuff in a book, now that might change her mind. It would be something tangible she could show her friends. Thanks for the encouragement... probably need to get off my duff, except that I never actually seem to get to be on my duff... oh well.
This is really good advice, I think. One of my favorite books lately has been The Philosophy of Fighting by Black Belt columnist Keith Vargo. It's nothing more than a collection of his columns, but it's brilliant stuff and stuff I never would have read otherwise, since I have very little interest in subscribing to Black Belt.

Publishing as a book things you've already written might allow you to reach a whole new audience and market (that is, those who don't look online for their aikido) without writing another word.