View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #38
Rob Watson
United_States
Re: Aikido training - Why are you searching for internal strength?

Quote:
Mary Eastland wrote: View Post
Why are you searching for internal strength? Why is it missing from your Aikido training? Why are you going outside your art to find it? When I read the threads about this training it makes me wonder what you are lacking that you have to go find it.
Once when I was joined in the conversation I was told I don't have it because one of my students doesn't have it. If you asked me about that student I would agree. His heart was not in it. Aikido training lets your inner strength out. You don't have to go to an expert to find it.
Aikido training for me is a whole practice…the development of correct feeling is just part of the process in becoming what Aikido is molding me into. Are you missing the point in your impatience to be the strongest person alive?
Mary
Because after 10 years of hard serious training there are folks that I cannot impose my will upon. Maybe IT/IP/IS/aiki is the missing factor. Maybe the pursuit is a pipe dream but the american way is to pursue the dream. The other options don't readily present themselves and doing nothing is not an option. For me the power to dominate must precede the enablement of the spiritual development of how best to use the power. Perhaps binging order to chaos is impossible but I want to do it anyway.

"In my opinion, the time of spreading aikido to the world is finished; now we have to focus on quality." Yamada Yoshimitsu

Ultracrepidarianism ... don't.