View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #34
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: My Rope Theory

Quote:
Jon Reading wrote: View Post
Whenever I start to hear the ol' "let's stick together" thing, I always question, why? Why do you want to tie your aikido to my aikido?

In the analogy, the argument seems to be a advocation to create a stasis situation, removing frictional dialog between individuals, factions or dojo. Why is this desireable?

Aikido is a skillset. The integrity of the art is dependent upon the competency prevelant within it. I think it both healthy and natural that aikido should have frictional dialogue and a natural purging operation or else the strands of rope begin to constrict each other.
Hi Jon, interesting interpretation. As I see it I posed the question what would make it weaker and the question what would make it stronger? No stasis there that I can see.

In fact I would say that on chatsites that have lot's of abusive stuff on them etc. have 'threads' leaving them and avoiding them whereas ones that have more intertesting discussions are more successful and thus attract more 'threads.' Thus the rope becomes greater both in size and quality. Pretty obvious really.

In my experience it is the negative people who through their own paranoia say we must stick together whilst the more stable positive people wonder why we all can't just get along and respect each other.

Regards. G.