View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #13
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: New exclusive articles and by André Nocquet, the first foreign uchi deshi of O Se

Quote:
Guillaume Erard wrote: View Post
Dear Henry and Joe, it is great to hear from you too. Best wishes for the year to come and I hope some more cooperation and articles between us

With the passing of Tamura Sensei and Sugano Sensei, I believe it is all the more important to try to recall and salvage all that we can from the old days.

I am too very interested in the conversation currently taking place on this thread since I have been a member of both Tamura and Nocquet senseis' federations and I have heard a lot of conflictual accounts regarding that period. I never quite figured out why so many Japanese sensei were sent to France by the Aikikai at that time...

All the best

G
Hi Guillaume,
If I can be of assistance in any way about early Uk aikido just drop me a line.I keep in touch with Mr Ellis[ Happy New Year , old pal]. We spend time chatting away about some of the old guys who are no longer with us.The early Japanese sensei are sad to say passing away .Kanai/Sugano /Yamaguchi/ A. Tohei/Saito /K.Abbe/Sekiya/Tamura Senseis. Great men .It was a honour to meet and practice with them. I do not forget the U.K guys such as Bill Smith, George Girvan, Mick Holloway, Ralph Reynolds , Tom Moss, Stuart Broughton, Ron Myers, Pat Butler Senseis , men who did so much for U.K. aikido.
Cheers, Joe.